Volgers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin starts soon

Follow on Bloglovin

zaterdag 28 april 2012

Review: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

*this review may contain spoilers*

Title: Pandemonium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Series: Delirium
Pages: 379
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Romance
*****


I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.


*****


After the cliffhanger in Delirium I was so very curious about reading Pandemonium.
And I think I am happy I did.

There was almost no introduction to the novel or review of what happened in Delirium. This story went straight up where Delirium stopped. Whe got right into the action of the story. And I am happy for it. Because sometimes you got a lot of review in a second book, and I think it is not necessary.

Pandemonium is a very different story than Delirium with a lot of emotions, like angst, confusion, happiness, pain... This is also a story with a lot more action and excitement events.

In this book Lena learns to push her old life out of her way and begins a new one in the wilds. With a lot new people who are learning her to live the way they do. And I can tell you that Lena have to deal with a lot of horrible situations. But she got only stronger because of these situations. And I can’t blame her. It is or dying or growing stronger and live your new life.

What I also love about this new book is the fact that Pandemonium tells two stories simultaneously, both Lena’s. But one is taking place immediatly after she got in the wilds and the other about a few months later. First I was really confused with this, but after the first part of the book I really liked it.

And what about romance in this story? You think there isn’t any of this. But there are a few new characters and Julian is one of them. He and Alex are like black and white, night and day, the complete opposites of each other. Julian stood for everything Alex was against. Lena and Julian met each other under some tight circumstanses, and they really don’t like each other at first. But when your life depends on each other you got to learn to become close with each other, to trust each other. And from one thing comes another. I think it was very clear that there became a kind of chemistry and attraction between them. But I think you read that for your self. :D Because it is sweet but also confusing.

So let me tell you that I really liked this story and the new Lena. She became a really tough girl. The story was very different from Delirium but sooo great. But let me tell you that I was a little irritated when I read the last page of this book. A big fat cliffhanger? Again? Why Lauren? Why?

*****
First I gave this book 3 stars/masks but when I started this review and I was thinking back at this story, I thought it really deserves 4 stars/masks.

1 opmerking:

  1. I have wanted to read Delirium for a long time, and I get to soon, because one of the girls in my book club picked it for us to read for May! I've heard it's really good and I know a lot of people really like Pandemonium, too. Can't wait to get started! ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen