Volgers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin starts soon

Follow on Bloglovin

dinsdag 25 februari 2014

TTT Rewind


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week it is a rewind. You can choose a top ten from the past you want to talk about. So my top ten would be:

Top 10 Favorite book quotes. Not in a special order. 


Entice (Need, #3)

“You know, life fractures us all into little pieces. It harms us, but it's how we glue those fractures back together that make us stronger.” 
Carrie Jones Entice

“Nobody is perfect, though. We all want everyone to think we are, but perfection is some crazy mythical state that we can never achieve. It is a goal beyond our grasp, always shifting and changing and taunting us, because it knows...it knows we can never reach it.”

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)

“One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)

“That took balls."
"Please," I said with a snort, "that took ovaries. Of which I have two.” 

“My fore-parts, as you so ineloquently put it, have names.”
I pointed to my right breast. “This is Danger.” Then my left. “And this is Will Robinson. I would appreciate it if you addressed them accordingly.” 
After a long pause in which he took the time to blink several times, he asked, “You named your breasts?”
I turned my back to him with a shrug. “I named my ovaries, too, but they don’t get out as much.” 

Ever After (The Hollows, #11)

“I want…” he said, then hesitated, taking a breath of air and lifting his chin. “I want one pure thing in my life,” he said loudly, his voice ringing in the red-tinted air. “I want one thing I can point to and say, ‘That is good, and it’s a part of me.” 

Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)

“My phone pinged. It was a text from Cookie.
I'm not good at cocking guns.
Really? Did she not know me at all?
I texted her back.
You can do this. Learn the cock, Cookie.
Know the cock.
Be the cock.” 

“How would you like your eggs?"
I tried. I really did. But I glanced at his crotch and it came out anyway. "Fertilized?” 


Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)

“How ghastly for her, people actually thinking, with their brains, and right next door. Oh, the travesty of it all.” 

Delirium (Delirium, #1)

“You can't be happy unless you're unhappy sometimes".” 


This was my top 10 of this week. I hope you enjoyed it.
Mariska

1 opmerking:

  1. Hahaha!! Looooove those Charley ones! Love that series! The humor is just sooo good! And Alexia's humor was tasteful too! Great quotes! And topic choice too! I always have trouble remembering fave quotes. It's just a spur of the moment thing for me where I find one I enjoy!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen